Monday, November 12, 2007

The Bad News Keeps Coming: Sherron Collins out Six Weeks

The title of the site is My Teams are Cursed. I'm from Cleveland, I have been a KU basketball fan since 1994. Do you think that I could have brought the Cleveland Curse with me to Lawrence? I don't think so, but my college friends beg to differ.

I thought last year could have been the year, but alas, UCLA's defense ended that dream. But everyone was coming back supposedly. First SF Julian Wright, who promised he'd be in Lawrence for three years and said he'd be back after the UCLA game, bolted for the NBA Lottery. Then Wing Brandon Rush tore his ACL and he won't be back until mid-December. Now this.

PG Sherron Collins, perhaps KU's best perimeter scorer will be out for six weeks after sustaining a stress fracture in the fifth metatarsal of his left foot during last night's game with UMKC. He is averaging 16 points per game thus far, good enough to lead the team in scoring. “Everything went great,” Coach Bill Self said. “They had to put a screw in there, we’re looking at it as six weeks. It realistically is a six-week process. The doctors said it’s a six-week deal to heal.”

We will see what the Jayhawks are made of over the next six weeks without Collins. Expect to see more of Senior Rod Stewart and Freshman Tyrel Reed in his place.

KU Guard Collins to Miss Six Weeks Following Foot Surgery - Lawrence Journal-World

No comments: