Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thank Goodness I Don't Live in Detroit


There have been a lot of low class people who have held the title of mayor in cities. Marion Barry obviously jumps off the page. But maybe nobody has been a bigger disgrace as a big city mayor than Detroit's Kwame Kilpatrick. For all of the various indiscretions Kwame has had since becoming a 31 year old mayor in 2001 (being sued by his bodyguards for violating the whistleblower laws where his accusers were awarded $6.5 million; getting busted for using over $8,600 from the city's civic fund to take his wife, kids, and babysitter on a week-long vacation to a five star resort in California, as well as upgrading himself to five star resorts on trips to South Africa on the same civic fund's dime); nothing is worse than this one.

During the whistleblower trial, he swore under oath that he did not have an affair with his chief of staff Christine Beatty. Beatty too denied this affair under oath. Well Kwame clearly isn't too smart, because
transcripts of sexual conversations between the two have now been made public by the Detroit Free Press. Check some of these out:


WHAT TEXT MESSAGES SHOW
9/12/02, 10:38 p.m., during trip to Washington, D.C.

Christine Beatty: Can I just come and lay down in your room until you get back?
Kwame Kilpatrick: Yes.

9/13/02, 9:02 a.m. (the next morning)

KK: They were right outside the door. They [the mayor's bodyguards] had to have heard everything...
CB: So we are officially busted! LOL
KK: LOL LOL! Damn that. Never busted. Busted is what you see! LOL. ...
CB: LOL, LOL. Damn, so they have to walk in before you conceed busted! LOL.
KK: Hell yeah. Walk in.

9/15/02, 3:38 a.m. (still in Washington)
CB: I'm on my way to your room now. But by the time you get there I'll be sleep and it will be 5am!
KK: I got something for you.
CB: LOL. Is that so? I'm in your room. Don't let Mike check it [an apparent reference to Mike Martin, a bodyguard who often traveled with the mayor]. Are you in route or still hanging? What do you have for me?

9/24/2002, 6:56 p.m.
CB: This is one of those little things I had to tell you. Last night when I was laying on your shoulder in the car and you held my face and sang whatever song it was, that felt so good. It was just one of those little moments when you just made me fall some more.

9/28/2002, 11:53 p.m.
CB: Where are you now?
KK: At home waiting for all EP [executive protection unit officers] to leave. Where are you?
CB: At the residence inn in Madison hgts.
KK: What rm?
CB: ...I'm in room 311 in bldg 3 in the back.

10/7/2002, 11:20 p.m.
CB: OK, I'm feeling like I want another night like the most recent Saturday at the Residence Inn! You made me feel so damn good that night. As you can see I can't let it go! ...
KK: I feel that we can do that in WV [West Virginia] + just relax together. I need you soooo bad. I want to wake up in the morning and you are there. Make it happen. Love ya.

10/8/2002, 10:18 a.m.
KK: I'm fine. Need a break. I want to get out of town w/you. Check on resorts outside of Houston.

10/16/02, 11:48 p.m.
KK: I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days...relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love.

10/31/2002, 5:28 p.m.
KK: I'll feel better once I'm holding you.
CB: You didn't say whether or not we are trying for some time tonight.
KK: Definitely. I'm getting a room. Damn that!
CB: LOL. Okie dokie.
(Kilpatrick later tells her to pick up room key at Marriott)

11/1/2002, 12:28 a.m.
KK: 6301 or 6302?
CB: Definitely 6302! 6301 has two double beds.

4/8/2003, 8:55 p.m.
KK: I'm at Laker game. The security doesn't believe I'm mayor. Mike is pulling out all kind of shirt to prove it.
CB: And, did you miss me, sexually?
KK: Hell yeah! You couldn't tell. I want some more. Don't sleep!

5/5/2003, midnight
KK: That's the first time that I couldn't fully seduce you. My game is off. LOL! Thanx for the conversation and the QT! Love you!
CB: LOL! Your game is way on baby! "you had me at hello!" Jerry McGuire 2000. LOL. I just didn't want to get caught.


We all know politicians are no saints. Most men aren't for that matter. But how dumb can one man be? Did he not think this would come back to haunt him? Tex messages? What a dope. The real losers are the people of Detroit who were dumb enough to elect this idiot for a SECOND TERM! People say in the city of Detroit that he actually rigged the election.

Per Wikipedia: In 2005, both Kilpatrick and his challenger Freeman Hendrix - both Democrats - initially claimed victory but as the court proceeded, it became clear that Kilpatrick had come back from his stretch of unpopularity to win a second term in office. Only three months ago, most commentators declared his political career over after he was the first Detroit incumbent mayor to come in second in the primary. Pre-election polls predicted a win for Hendrix; however, Kilpatrick won with 53% of the vote. He was trailing in all precincts most of the night.

If he makes it through this one, the guy should buy a lottery ticket.

No comments: