Sunday, August 26, 2007

Royals Cooled by A.C.

That's right baby, when you are down to your last out, the tying run is on second, who would have thought the guy you want at the plate would be the kid Asdrubal Cabrera. AC has been up for a little over two weeks and has become not only a fixture at second base, but the spark this Tribe team has been sorely lacking. His energy is contagious. His hits are timely. His glove could be golden, and he may just be saving the Indians. Listen to manager Eric Wedge: "Asdrubal has given us a big boost. He's right in the middle of everything." Today, with the prospect of losing two of three to the last place Royals staring them in the face, AC came up huge again. His two out RBI single off of KC closer Joakim Soria scored Grady Sizemore to tie the game at three apiece. The Tribe later won it in the 11th thanks to two more big two-out hits by Travis Hafner and Victor Martinez to seal the 5-3 win. Even Joe Borowski obliged with a 1-2-3 11th for his 37th save. But i'm all about AC right now. The kid is hitting .318 and is currently hitting second between all stars Grady and Pronk. I love his short stroke and patience at the dish. Josh Barfield must be wondering about his future right about now.

Notes:
  • Lost in today's win was once again a lack of hitting in the clutch. Yes, the Tribe had 14 hits, but 12 men were left on base, led by Kenny Lofton stranding four.


  • In the car on my way home from the "Taste of Legacy" (what a joke, I know), Casey Blake stepped up with a man on second and two outs. I turned to my wife and said "I'll bet my life he doesn't get a hit here...and FAKE DELIVERED! The good news, to quote Eddie Vedder, is that "I'm still alive."


  • Speaking of full disclosure, I won't lie - I wouldn't watch JoBo pitch the bottom of the 11th. I went outside and hung with my family on a blanket in the front yard. I checked my Blackberry for the final. Who needed to watch that?


  • I'm guessing you are looking for some Browns pre-season analysis after last night's game. You'll get some tomorrow when I get the chance.


  • The Tribe didn't gain any ground on the Tigers today as they beat the Yankees 5-4, but did you catch "The Savior" Joel Zumaya's act in the 8th after striking out A-Rod? What a punk ass loser - Screaming and fist pumping after doing what he is supposed to be doing. Don't worry Savior, you'll get yours soon enough.

No comments: