Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's Alive....ALIVE!!!!


Could it be? The Indians offense actually gave it's starting pitcher some run support? Yes, it's true, the Tribe gear has been stuck in neutral for months but punched the gas, and Tiger starter Justin Verlander, for 11 runs on 16 hits with my brother in the stands representing. See Cleveland fans, miracles can happen. I called out Kenny Lofton last night and he responded by being the catalyst we've been waiting for since he was acquired from Texas in late July with two hits and two runs scored. Every starter had at least a hit. My guy Franklyn Gutierrez was the key - his three run pizza in the fifth blew the game open, after his fourth inning double started a two out, four run rally.

Memo to Eric Wedge - Play Franky G EVERY DAY the rest of the way. I've said it before, I'll say it again; there is zero reason to play Trot Nixon in right field. Zero. He's old. He's slow. He covers no ground in right. He has no power. You need any more reasons? Trot is great in the clubhouse - he gets credit for the "Rally Pie." Make him a coach and call it a day.

Thank goodness for Rafael Betancourt. Where would we be without The Realtor (feel free to use that nickname at your leisure. Across the street from Ags' pad in Chicago is Betancourt Realty. We saw it three years ago, and a nickname was born) and his left-handed partner in crime Rafael Perez? Once again, they saved the day when Paul Byrd couldn't make it out of the sixth. I almost threw my arm out doing my best Tiger Woods-style fist pump after The Realtor K'd Carlos Guillen with two on and two out in the seventh.

They never want to make it easy though do they? Up 11-6 in the ninth, Jenson Lewis played the role of gas can and as I turned my TV to start watching Newport Harbor on MTV, I flipped back to see it was 11-8 with two on and Joe Borowski had been summoned from the pen. I couldn't bear to watch. Chrissy's father was calling her again ruining her chances with Clay and JoBo got Guillen and Pudge out to seal the deal and a game and a half lead in the AL Central for the Tribe.

Asdrubal Cabrera rules.....

Day game tomorrow: Nate Robertson vs. Jake Westbrook.

Did the Rangers really put a 30 spot on the Orioles tonight? I know I didn't really hear that "To See" Ramon Vazquez went 4-6 with 2 HR and 7 RBI did I?

No comments: