1. Lets give Romeo Crennel and D-Coordinator Todd Grantham some credit. The much maligned defense shut down the Ravens offense all game long. Kamerion Wimbley absolutely abused rookie tackle Marshal Yanda all day long. Wimbley's speed off the edge is scary.
2. Is there any better feeling as a Browns fan than beating the Ravens and their arrogant prick head coach Brian Billick. Seriously, you can have the Steelers, give me a win over the Ravens any day. While Uncle Artie is long gone, as long as Billick is running that ship, I will always take more pride in beating them. The so-called "offense genius" still hasn't figured out that Steve McNair was washed up three years ago and Kyle Boller isn't the QB of the future. Derek Anderson was a 6th round pick of the Ravens the year after Boller was drafted in the 1st round. Who would you rather have right now?
3. Speaking of Anderson, other than his bad interception in the second quarter, he played well again. He managed the game well, going 10-18 for 204 yards and 2 TD's. It seems like every time out, he makes at least one big throw, today it was the 78 yard TD to Braylon Edwards putting the Browns up 14-0. You don't hear calls for Brady Quinn now, do you? With Anderson 2-1 as a starter and playing for the most part decently, it still boggles the mind that the long-forgotten QB Charlie Frye was handed the keys for game one.
4. Is there any more over-hyped team than the Ravens? Yes, they still have the great defense, but how good did they look against the Browns today giving up 27 points? Memo to Billick: Steve McNair is done. He was washed up three years ago. I don't care what your record was with him last year at the helm. The guy can't move anymore. You already know how I feel about Boller.
5. Props again must go out to the Browns offensive line who seem to be jelling as a unit every week. As good as the Ravens run defense is, Jamal Lewis ran like an angry man. 23 carries for 64 yards is nothing spectacular, but it was just enough to keep the defense honest. The left side of Eric Steinbach and Joe Thomas is developing into something special.
6. For the third straight week, Braylon Edwards is playing like the big play, game breaking Wide Receiver he was drafted to be. Kellen Winslow is an absolute beast, and Anderson seems to be the only Browns QB over the last two seasons who know that Joe Jurevicius exists. That's a good thing. Nobody has better hands.
7. Good thing I'm watching the Steelers/Cardinals game and Dan Dierdorf just said "Troy Polamalu just dropped a load on Edgerrin James." Nice.
8. The Browns are now 2-2 and in second place in the AFC North. Reality is that they should be 3-1 after the last second field goal debacle last week in Oakland. After the Steelers dismantled them at home in week one, did you think this was going to be possible? Yeah, me neither. Next week should be a reality check when the Browns must travel to New England. The good news is that the Indians will be in the middle of the ALDS and hopefully nobody will notice the Browns being abused in Foxboro.
9. I'll talk Tribe either later tonight or tomorrow, but they are leading the Royals 4-2 going into the bottom if the ninth with the following lineup: Ben Francisco, Luis Rivas, David Dellucci, Josh Barfield, Franklyn Guttierez, Andy Marte, Chris Gomez, Jason Michaels, and Kelly Shoppach. Lets see if JoBo can hold on to this meaningless affair in KC.